Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
The intent of this application is to provide information in addition to the plans regarding the operational procedures of the facility.
The North Carolina Rules Governing the Sanitation of Food Service Establishments (15A NCAC 18A .2600) requires that plans be submitted to the local Health Department for approval prior to the construction, renovation or modification of a food service facility located in Craven County. The application must contain all supporting documents or it will not be accepted. All applicable fees must be paid at that time and fees may be paid over the phone or a check may accompany the submittal.
Please be aware that plans for franchised, chain, and prototypical facilities are also required to be submitted to the State of North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Environmental Health, Plan Review Unit (phone number: 1-919-707-5684, website:
1. Plan Review Fee (see Fees schedule on website or call 252-636-4936)
2. Employee Health and Personal Hygiene Plan describing process to exclude or restrict food workers who are sick, diagnosed, been exposed to food-borne illness, or have infected cuts and lesions.
3. A completed Food Establishment Plan Review Application (below)
4. A copy of the proposed menu. Indicate which food items will be produced by specialized food processes on site and indicate any food items which will be served raw, undercooked, or not otherwise processed to eliminate pathogens AND how that will be disclosed on the sample menu
5. A complete set of plans, drawn to scale (no smaller than 1/4”-1’), showing the location of equipment, plumbing, and lighting/electrical services. The plans and specifications should include at least the following, but not limited to:
6. Manufacturer specification or cut sheets for each piece of equipment shown on the plans; all food service/kitchen equipment must be commercial and meet ANSI sanitation standards
7. Standard procedures that ensure compliance with the NC Food Code (or state which ones are being developed). Designated clearly on the plan equipment for adequate rapid cooling, including ice baths and refrigeration, and equipment for hot-holding potentially hazardous foods
Additional planning Information can be found at:
NC DHHS Plan Review Guidelines
Food Establishment Plan Review Manual
*Revisions to Approved Plans. Provide a list of all changes to the previously approved plans. Revise application as related
Name of Establishment
Owner or Owner's Representative
Title (owner, manager, architect, etc)
I certify that the information in this application is correct, and I understand that any deviation without prior approval from this Health Regulatory Office may nullify plan approval.
NOTE: If food service facility is served by a septic system or a well, an inspection must be conducted by the Health Department prior to submitting this application. Please contact the Onsite Water Protection section at: 252-636-4936
Number of food deliveries per week:
Number of seats:
Facility total square feet
Project start date of construction
Projected completion date
How was the volume of cold storage indicate below determined to be adequate?
Reach-in cold storage (in cubic feet):
Walk-in cold storage (in cubic feet):
Reach-in refrigerator storage: Ft3
Walk-in refrigerator storage: Ft3
Reach-in freezer storage: Ft3
Walk-in Freezer Storage: Ft3
Number of reach-in refrigerators
Number of reach-in freezers
List foods that will be held cold: (Include equipment used)
List foods that will be hot: (include equipment used)
Indicate by checking the appropriate boxes how cooked food will be cooled to 41°F (7°C) within 6 hours.
(** Check only if rapid chill equipment such as blast chillers are provided.)
if "Other" is checked indicate the type of food
Indicate by checking the appropriate boxes how food in each category will be thawed.
If “Other” is checked indicate the type of food:
Explain the following with as much detail as possible. Provide descriptions of the specific areas of the kitchen and corresponding items on the plan where food will be handled.
Explain the handling procedures for the following categories of food. Describe the process from receiving to service including:
• How the food will arrive (frozen, fresh, packaged, etc.)
• Where the food will be stored
• Where (specific pieces of equipment with their corresponding equipment schedule numbers) and how the food will be handled (washed, cut, marinated, breaded, cooked, hot held, etc.)
• When (time of day and frequency/day) food will be handled
Provide information on the frequency of deliveries and the expected gross volume that is to be delivered each time:
Where will dry good be stored?
Square feet of dry storage shelf space: ft2
Indicate floor, wall and ceiling finishes (e.g. quarry tile, stainless steel, vinyl coated acoustic tile)
Manufacturer and model
e.g.: Three-comp sink, one comp sink, two comp sink, dish machine, can wash, hand sink, pre rinse, mop sink, prep sink.
Size of each sink compartment (inches) Length Width Depth
Will a Warewashing machine be used?
Describe how cooking equipment, cutting boards, slicers, counter tops, other food contact surfaces and clean in place equipment that cannot be submerged in sinks or put through a dishwasher will be cleaned and sanitized:
Describe location and type (drainboards, wall-mounted or overhead shelves, stationary or portable racks) of air-drying space:
Indicate number and location of handwashing sinks:
Indicate location for storing employees’ personal items (ex. coats, purses, medication, etc.):
Will refuse be stored inside?
Provisions for refuse disposal
Will a contract for off-site cleaning of the dumpster/ compactor be obtained?
Will the dumpster/compactor be cleaned at the establishment?
Location and size of service(mop) sink/can wash
How is protection provided on all outside doors?
How is protection provided on windows (including drive-thru windows) or other openings to the outer air?
Indicate location of clean and dirty linen storage: N/A (no linen storage on site)
Indicate location of poisonous and/or toxic materials (chemical, sanitizers, etc.) storage:
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field