The mission of the Craven County Tax Administrator is to perform the legally mandated responsibilities of property assessment, tax listing and tax collection in a professional environment where taxpayers are served with courtesy and dignity.
Notice to Citizens
DMV now has access for taxpayers to print a receipt for taxes paid on registered motor vehicles.
You will need a NC Driver's License or NC Identification Card Number along with the Last 4 Digits of your Social Security Number (SSN), I-94 (Arrival/Departure U.S. Customs Form) or Alien Registration Number, plus your birth date.
Once logged in, you will see "Correspondence" on the right middle third of the window. Under "Correspondence" select the year for Vehicle Property Tax Fee paid or as pictured, VEH PROP TAX FEE. Select the year desired and all vehicles paid for in that year will pop up with the total taxes paid for each vehicle in that calendar year.
Businesses will not be able to access tax information through the MyDMV Portal.
- Builder Property Tax Exemption Application (AV-65) (PDF)
- Agricultural and Forestry Use Value Procedures (PDF)
- Application for Use Value Assessment (Revised 3-13) (PDF)
- Recycle Release Form (PDF)
- Recycle Release Form (Fillable)
- 2018 Personal Property Listing Form (PDF)
- 2018 Business Personal Property Listing Form (PDF)
- 2018 Business Personal Property Listing Form (Fillable)
- 2018 Application Packet for Property Tax Relief (AV-9) (PDF)
- Certification of Disability for Property Tax Exclusion (AV-9A) (PDF)
- Certification for Disabled Veteran's Property Tax Exclusion (NCDAV-9) (PDF)