The Craven County Veterans Services Office provides various services and referrals so veterans, dependents, and survivors can apply for and receive benefits for which they are entitled.
The majority of time is spent in assisting claimants in applying for service-connected disability and non-service-connected pension as well as widow's benefits. This office also provides various forms for individuals seeking additional assistance. Information on the process of veterans benefits is provided as well.
Individuals seeking assistance should call for an appointment or visit the Veterans Services Office for assistance or information.
Links of Interest for Veterans Services
- "Unmet Needs" is a VFW program for active duty service members and veterans who have been out of the service for less than 36 months and need help with rent, utilities, etc.
- For current information on Veterans Affairs or Services, please visit the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans and Their Families - Service Record Archives
- File a Disability Claim
- Get a Copy of my DD-214
- Change my Address (PDF)
- Apply for Veterans Health Identification Card
- Apply for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Apply for a Headstone, Marker or Medallion
- Locate a Disabled Veterans Outreach Program (DVOP) Specialist