5th Annual Craven County Veterans Stand-Down
The 5th Annual Craven County Veterans Stand-Down event will be held Friday, February 22, 2019 at Dayspring Christian Center, 1246 Pollock Street, New Bern. The event is free and open to all Veterans, and includes services such as counseling, housing resources, legal aid, claims-filing, educational and employment opportunities, and much more. Please bring your DD-214 or VA card. For transportation or more information, contact Reeshema Walker at (252) 514-4828, ext. 241, or by email.
The Craven County Veterans Services Office provides various services and referrals so Veterans, dependents, and survivors can apply for and receive benefits for which they are entitled.
- VA disability, compensation, and pension guidance
- Assistance with VA medical center enrollment
- VA education and vocational rehabilitation benefit applications
- VA home loan guaranty applications
- Burial services information
- Assistance with submitting appeals
- Assistance with VA paperwork
- VA life insurance information
- Serving as liaison between the veteran and the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Assistance with widow's and dependents' benefits
Individuals seeking assistance should call (252) 636-6611 for an appointment or visit the Veterans Services Office at 2402 M L King Jr Boulevard for assistance or information.