Options for Paying Your Water Bill
Craven County Water offers several different ways for customers to make their payments.
- Customers may come into the office, located at 2830 Neuse Blvd in New Bern, and pay with cash, check or money order. If it is after business hours, we do have a drop box that customers may drop their check or money order ONLY.
- Customers may mail check or money order to the address provided on their bill. Please include the payment stub from the bottom of your bill to expedite processing.
- Customers may sign up for an automatic draft. The bill will be drafted from their checking account on the due date for the exact amount owed. Customers will be required to fill out and sign a draft request form Opens a New Window. and provide a VOIDED check. There is no fee for this service.
- Customers may pay by calling 1-888-272-9829 or by going online to www.officialpayments.com to pay with a credit or debit card. You must have your account number and jurisdiction code to make a payment. Official Payments does charge a fee based on the processing of the card. They charge $1.00 to process a debit card and $1.95 to process a credit card. Since Official Payments is a separate entity, once a customer has made a payment they MUST CALL THE OFFICE with their confirmation number.
Opens a New Window. Craven County Water is not responsible for any additional charges or disconnections due to a customer’s failure to make notification of transactions by other parties or entities.
- Customers may pay at Wal-Mart through the Wal-Mart Money Center Opens a New Window. . Customers must have a copy of their current bill and can pay using cash or debit card. Wal-Mart does charge a fee based on delivery time. They charge $1.00 for a 3 business day delivery and $1.50 for a 1 business day delivery. Please remember that holidays may delay your payment being received by our office. Since Wal-Mart is a separate entity, once a customer has made a payment they MUST CALL THE OFFICE with their confirmation number. This will be printed on your receipt.
- Wal-Mart uses a payment system called Check-free. This system is used by many other entities; however Wal-Mart is the only entity that is able to give the customer a confirmation number that we are able to validate the payment through Check-free. Customers are welcome to use other Check-free vendors, but we are unable to anticipate those payments and there will be different processing times and fees.
- Please note: Customers cannot pay any Check-free entity for service connections.
Craven County Water is not responsible for any additional charges or disconnections due to a customer’s failure to make notification of transactions by other parties or entities.