A Woman's Path to Recovery: community-based recovery group program that is designed to guide women through the addiction recovery process and increase their awareness of the social and emotional issues that can be unique to female addictive behavior.
Post-Adoption Support Group: community support group that provides additional training to foster and adoptive parents to help them better meet the needs of the children (meets bimonthly and is facilitated by the Children's Home Society).
STOP: domestic violence intervention group for male and female offenders (men and women meet separately).
Celebrating Families: twelve-week, 90-minute adolescent group designed to break the cycles of chemical dependency and violence/abuse in families by increasing participant knowledge and use of healthy living skills. Participants will:
- Develop better communication skills
- Learn how to appropriately express their feelings
- Be able to demonstrate anger management skills
- Be able to use problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Develop coping skills to deal with stressful situations
Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: support group for grandparents who have full responsibility for raising their grandchildren.
- Meets 3rd Thursday of each month at the George Street Senior Center; childcare provided; dinner served at 5:30 PM, group starts at 6 PM, and
- 4th Tuesday of each month at Missionary Baptist Church, 110 North Main Street, Cove City, from 6-8 PM.
- Contact Cathy Campbell at (252) 638-8143 for more information.
- No charge