Craven County Human Resources Department is committed to recruiting, supporting and retaining excellent employees, and providing a safe and productive working environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Human Resources (HR) Department administers the recruitment and assists in the employee selection process for all county departments, with the exception of the Sheriff's Department, which administers its own recruitment. The HR Department also manages the County Safety Program, Wellness Program, Training Program, Workers' Compensation claims and OSHA requirements.
This department maintains all employee personnel records; administers the employee benefits program; maintains the pay and classification system; implements and ensures adherence to personnel policies and procedures; and, ensures compliance with all Federal, State and local regulations. HR conducts monthly orientation sessions for new employees that include insurance enrollment, Safety information and E-mail and Internet usage.
Safety/Risk Management Coordinator
The Safety/Risk Management Coordinator directs the safety and risk management functions and activities within county government, including loss prevention and control, safety/liability issues and workers' compensation claims administration.
Vacant positions are advertised with the North Carolina Division of Employment Security (DES), however Craven County only accepts online applications. Apply for any and all vacant positions within Craven County Government with this website.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Craven County is an EEO/AA Employer. Craven County does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. Craven County hires only citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States, in compliance with the Immigration Reform & Control Act of 1986.
- How long do employment opportunities remain posted on the site?
- Where do I apply for positions with the Sheriff's Office?
- I just found out about a vacancy that closed yesterday. May I still submit an application?
- If I currently work for State or Local Government, may I transfer my sick and annual leave?
- Do I have to be a Craven County resident or US Citizen to become employed by Craven County?
- Do I have to complete the "work history" section of my application? Can I just submit my resumé?
- Am I required to submit a separate application for each job I want to apply for, or may I submit only one and be considered for all jobs for which I am eligible?
- Where do I obtain a work permit?
- How often are new positions posted on the Craven County website?
- How will I be notified if I am not selected for an interview?
- How are applications assessed?
- What are the office hours of the Human Resources Department?
- How will I be notified if I am to be interviewed?
- How do I find out if a position is still available?
- What does it mean when a vacancy states the closing date is "continuous" or "until filled"?
- Am I required to disclose criminal convictions that have been expunged?