Craven County offers, as a public service, the following assistance to residents, property owners, realtors, insurance agents, and lenders:
- Assistance in determining if properties are in a special flood hazard area
- Special flood protection techniques
- Historical flooding patterns
- Retrofitting and flood proofing advice
- Flood insurance requirements
Craven County has made available flood information / documents at the public library (New Bern branch) for your review.
Search Craven Website
The Craven 300th Website Lives On!
The year of celebration marking Craven County’s 300th Anniversary is coming to an end, but the website is not. As we move forward into the next 100 years, it will be used to share information gathered during 2012 and to help further the knowledge of citizens and visitors about the county. Please continue to visit the site to view ongoing developments.