There are several actions residents of flood hazard areas can take to decrease the potential of injury due to flooding:
- Be familiar with local flood warning procedures as mentioned in this notice.
- Do not attempt to walk through flowing waters (drowning is the #1 cause of death associated with flooding).
- Keep children away from floodwaters, ditches, culverts, and storm drains.
- Do not drive through a flooded area. Even shallow flooding may have caused a road or bridge to wash out.
- Evacuate the flood hazard area in times of impending flood or when advised to do so by Craven County officials.
- Turn off all electrical circuits at the fuse panel or disconnect switches. If this is not possible, disconnect all electrical appliances and shut off the water and gas valves in your home.
Search Craven Website
The Craven 300th Website Lives On!
The year of celebration marking Craven County’s 300th Anniversary is coming to an end, but the website is not. As we move forward into the next 100 years, it will be used to share information gathered during 2012 and to help further the knowledge of citizens and visitors about the county. Please continue to visit the site to view ongoing developments.